Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ready, Set, Achieve!

I can't say enough about using a timer to generate immediate results and excitement.

So when you tell yourself... 'Butt, I just don't have the time right now to get that done so I'll just feel like shit, leave it on my mental never-ever-to-do list and go watch the kick-ass flick, Kick-Ass.'

Yeah, how many of us hear this self-bull-dung in our heads?

Rather then get overwhelmed with the whole endeavor of creating my new product offering for the 'Well LIT Culture', I broke this into multiple activities. I set my iPhone timer to ten minutes. Ready-set-go. With my iPad, I pimped and pumped out a set of what LIT and what un-LIT looks like for one of my 'Sub LIT Cultures'. 'You rang?', says the timer. Badda bing bada boom. Done. Fini. Was so friggin' fun, useful and energizing that I decided for another round of ten.

Twenty minutes and two major accomplishments of 'good enough'. Combine that with yesterday's and tomorrow's performances and I will have strung a series of average activities to produce a doing-and-done of effectivity. All while sippin' on a steamer at the coffee shop office.

Go on now and light a fire under your own butt!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I tried this on something simple that has been setting out for 4 days now. Pick some new recipes to try... I am getting tired of the same old food. Each time I start, I sit down with ten recipe books and an hour later, I am overwhelmed, pick nothing, and set it aside. I set a ten minute timer, picked two recipes, made a shopping list, and notes of what I will be cooking.... and done. YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My-oh-my, Janet. Look what you gone and did by making a mental shift to focus on 'completion' vs 'quality'. You got fed and LIT. Much better then frustrated and hungry. Thanks for sharing, Janet!

    ReplyDelete