On a recent visit, Michelle showed me a way-cool kitchen island she brought to life by refurbishing a bedroom chest and planting a beautiful chopping block on top.
She does this and other crafts, making good on the goods around the house. I'm like, girl, 'you aughta blog about this and share this craft online'.
She's like, 'yeah right...and besides, what do I name this blog site?'Ha. That's all I needed to test out my timed-task-get-something-done-right-now method.
Often it's useful to focus on completion versus quality.
I set my iPhone timer to 15 minutes and challenged the five of us come up with a site name before the timer went off.
We flew through a number of names, all while checking the timer along the way.
MichelleDoesCrafts, MichellesReinventions, MichellesDesignAndCrafts, MichellesRepurpose and the winner, just before the timer sounded went to MichelleGivesACraft. Suuuweeet, ha!
Our creative juices with a focus on achievement produced a great result in 15 minutes.
Try this approach for lots of your ideas to make shit happen now.
And read about Michelle's creativities at michellegivesacraft.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment